Kath’s Dru Yoga Online Classes
All Eventbrite links for online Zoom classes until end March 2021 are listed below. Please click to link to book your place. Tickets are released for sale 12 days before the class.
Following booking, if this is the first time accessing a Kath’s Dru Yoga class since 2020, you will be required to complete a short electronic health form and disclaimer before you can access the class, in order to comply with my insurance. If you have attended a Kath’s Dru Yoga masterclass in 2020 you will not need to complete another health form.
Investment includes access to the cloud recording of the class up to 5 days after, so if you can’t make the live session you can catch up at a time convenient to you. Class investment = £6.
Type of class – mixed ability/Dru Dance/recorded/live
- I will be teaching a weekly one-hour Mixed Ability General Dru Yoga Class, with focus on spine health and wellbeing. You will need to be able to get down to the floor and back up again, and have a safe space in your home to practise. Following the Dru format, the class will start with Activations and body preps to warm the body, flowing Dru Energy Block Release sequences and postures designed around a theme, a guided relaxation to finish.
- There will be a Dru Yoga Dance series of classes in March – 3 classes. Dru Dance is an energising and empowering combination of flowing Dru sequences and classical Indian dance movements. A more dynamic class and a reasonable level of fitness is needed. In March we will be exploring the Dru Dance “Santosh” (contentment). Each class begins with warming ‘flow-ins’, then we learn the dance building phrase by phrase, closing with a cool-down sequence and relaxation. These classes can be enjoyed individually or as a series of three for a complete experience. Investment includes a pdf outline of the dance.
- Recorded classes. Booking on a ‘live’ class includes access to the recording for up to 5 days. the link to the cloud recording then expires. A small selection of classes are available to buy as a recording, for example, previous Dru Dance classes, for an investment of £6.
As a special thank you to my NHS colleagues, I am offering 50% discount on Mixed ability online classes. Contact me via your nhs.net email account and the discount code will be sent to you to use when booking an online class through Eventbrite. Alternatively, if you already have the promo code simply enter it at the Eventbrite checkout.
Email me at email@example.com
Tuesday – mixed ability class tickets
Monday – Dru Dance Class tickets:
Watch the following video for a taste of a Dru class:
Watch the video below for a flavour of Dru Dance:
What to bring to class?
Please wear loose comfortable clothing you can easily move in, and bring:
- a sticky yoga mat (so you won’t slip, as yoga is practised in bare feet)
- a blanket (for kneeling and sitting poses and for relaxation)
- a bottle of water
- If you like a cushion for relaxation or blocks/straps, please bring your own to class.
Your safety is important to me. Please listen to your ‘inner teacher’ and do not do anything which you do not feel comfortable with. Modifications are given for different health conditions to help you get the most out of your practice, and you are invited to rest at any point. Please take a few minutes to watch the Dru safety video below, which includes guidance for different health conditions.
Healthy Back Classes (on line during Covid-19 restrictions)
A 6 or 8-week Dru Healthy Back programme, with home practise materials. Designed to alleviate muscular back pain problems and help keep your spine in good health.
Take the home practise materials away to continue the programme in your own time. To benefit most from the programme, aim to do some home practise 5 times a week, even just 20 or 30 minutes.
Contact me to arrange a Healthy Back Programme of classes for your workplace or business by completing the form below (on-line teaching during Covid-19 situation).